I was dreading my Dad's funeral today. I hate coffins since they just hold a body whose spirit has already left and it is physical reminder of how much you are going to miss them. The day started out great because I got to see so many of my cousins and loved ones that I haven't seen in years. Most of my cousins coming where a surprise and it gave me such great strength to see them. Even though I didn't get to spend a lot of time with my cousins it made me so happy that they were able to come and made the day so much better.
We had the privilege of having Elder Clayton, from the 70s presidency, come by the house last night and he gave my Mom a blessing. He was the Area President over my Parent's mission and happened to be in town for a meeting. I know that my Dad has a very important assignment on the other side and he is busy. He is happy.
My Dad is a great man and I am going to have to step it up if I want to go to the same place as him. I am so impressed with my Mom's strength and I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know my Dad is on the other side watching our family.
A lot of my immediate, and extended, family is still here and as the days go on the number will get less and less. I know I will miss my Dad but I am so thankful for all that he has taught me. He trained me on how a member of the church should act and how to be in the service of your fellow being. If I forget I can also look towards my Mom's example since she is pretty close to perfection.
About 70 missionaries from the Paraguay Asuncion North Mission came to sing at my Dad's Funeral. Those were my parent's family for 3 years and I know that made the funeral that much easier for my Mom.
Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers. I know that the Savior lives and the angels will help my family move on and enjoy life. I will look forward to seeing my Dad on the other side of the veil and I hope I can return with honor.
3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Know that I'm thinking of you and praying for your family.
Laura, Oh my gosh! I am so sorry about your Dad!!! I wish I was there so I could give you a big hug!! I am so very glad that you have the gospel and know that your dad is happy and finally comfortable again. You have a beautiful spirit, don't worry that you won't live up to his example, I'm sure he is beyond proud of you! love you!
Sarah
Beautifully said Laura.
Post a Comment