On Sat Jake was studying for finals so I hung out with my Mom and kids all day. We went looking at Hot Tubs and went to Costco. (Luke did fall into only One Hot Tub with Water so he was running around in a shirt and underwear for most of the day) We ran errands and just enjoyed being with family. When we got to Costco I was very tired and I was determined to keep Peyton sitting in the shopping cart. Normally she squirms and stands up and then gets down and it is always horrible. So I decided to say "No" loudly and be firm about her sitting in the cart.
Sadly when I was telling Peyton "No" for the 3rd time after only going 10 ft, and yelling at Luke to stay close, Shauna Oakes and her husband walks up. Yeah, I think she was impressed with my parenting skills. I'm pretty sure I would have been given the Mother of the Year Award!!!! At least Luke had shorts on at this point???????
1 comment:
You are an AWESOME mom! I've seen it first hand. Also, anyone who IS a mother tends not to judge other mother's too harshly. When I see other mom's dealing with their kids having tantrums over lollipops, I just give a knowing smile. We've ALL been there. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment