I would like to let everyone know that I spotted 3 Mormon families on the cruise ship because of a "Y" shirt that one of the boys were wearing. Then later one of the Dads wore his "Y" shirt. It is a fun game. I did suspect one family of being Mormon that was from Mesa, AZ and they were into line dancing.......sadly, they have not been baptized into the true church. They were a fun family though. I was really hoping!
When you find a Mormon it is like finding an instant friend. No matter where you go you have things to talk about. For example:
1. Your callings and getting their ideas on activities
2. The First Vision
3. Temples....which one is better. (San Diego Temple is the best...but Salt Lake Temple is cool too)
4. How expensive it is to drink alcohol and aren't we glad we drink delicious soda
5. Missions....where did they go? What language did they learn?
6. The Fall
7. Cafe Rio.....this is when I tell them my theory of putting Cafe Rio into the Temple's cafeterias and attendance would triple in the first week.
8. How I am a Close, Personal friend to President Monson.....okay, I might have exaggerated this one. I have his number on my speed dial though...okay, it might just be church headquarters and it is in the phone book and not in my speed dial. In my defense I listen to him every conference and I feel like it is talking directly to me.....
It is a lot of fun to find Mormons. Even though we all belong to the true church each one of us has individual traits that make us unique. So it is fun to talk to people and their experiences in life.
In the next life it will be fun to talk to people from all walks of life and what they did in their lifetime. For example, you could be chatting to a Queen of England for a day, a solider in the civil war and then Mother Eve. I can't wait to sit in a room and listen to Mother Eve. I have so much love and respect for her and what she went through. I imagine her as a strong and passionate woman!
No comments:
Post a Comment