Sunday, October 11, 2009

Spot the Mormon Game

This past Sat we went to Sea World with my Mother in Law, Mandy, Zoe and Zacq. Whenever I go to a public place I like to play "Spot the Mormon". I start by putting Luke in a "Y" shirt and I wear a "Y" hat. Now this is a dead give away that I am Mormon. So the Mormons now know who I am and I have to figure out who the "covenant people" are. Sometimes it is easy. Here are the signs that I have found a Mormon:

1) They are wearing a BYU shirt
2) They have a sticker on their car that reads 'Families are forever' or 'I am a child of God'.
3) They say "BYU....that is a good school" or "I'm trying to go there"
4) They linger their stares a little too long on Luke's "Y" shirt and then they smile like they are thinking about the good times they had in UT.

I used to count any mini vans that I saw that had a license plate from Utah but then I got a little more strict with my "Mormon finding". They have to have a bumper sticker with a Mormon catch phrase or a BYU sticker.

It is a fun game and most of the time I end up chatting with the Mormons for awhile. Our favorite topic is Cafe Rio!

1 comment:

The Halladays said...

There is one more very important way to spot a mormon: when they bend over and you see garmies :)