Today I gave an amazing talk in church. I got some good jokes in and hopefully the spirit was there. I felt it. I talked about my Dad which is always hard. He is, I don't want to put was, such an example in my life. I just have a hard time talking about him without crying. It is still really hard. In fact, I had a few times in my talk when I was going to say something about him but I had to skip over it. It makes me realize how much I miss my Dad. The greatest feeling was when I sat down after my talk and I felt the spirit say "Your Dad is here and heard your talk". I miss him so much.
Now the sad part was when I got home and I asked Jake and my Mom what their favorite part was and neither one of them said anything. They didn't remember my talk!!! In their defense they were trying to keep the hellions quiet but still.....not even a little "Oh yeah...I liked when you said this".
That is one great thing about giving a talk. You do so much preparation for it and you learn so much.
1 comment:
I miss your family.
Love and Peace,
Carrie
Post a Comment