Today I got a call from Luke's preschool asking me if I would come back and help with the class. (Since it is a state preschool they have to have at least a 6 kids to 1 adult ratio) The parent volunteer didn't show up so I headed back to the elementary school that is less than 2 miles away from us. The teacher and the assistant just let me play with the kids because they figured out that is all I am really good for. Here is what I learned today:
1) Taking Peyton to a preschool class was a disaster waiting to happen. Peyton became the leader a few times and caused the preschoolers to get into trouble. (Why would they follow what a 2 yr old does???)
2) Pretending you die every time you get a fake shot is hilarious to kids
3) Pretending you fall out of your chair is hilarious to kids but scares the teacher half to death
4) My kids are not the worst kids ever
5) I learned that kids find my art work enjoyable. They don't judge me for making weird looking pigs or dragons.
6)I'm glad I had a refreshing beverage before and AFTER volunteering. It helped soothe me!!
7) Wearing a Chuck Norris shirt and lounge pants was not a good choice because none of the kids are afraid of Chuck Norris. I should have gotten a shirt that read "I don't like kids" or "I believe in beating children that don't listen".
Luke loved having with me in class with him. It was fun being with him for the day but he gets a little clingy when I am there.
No comments:
Post a Comment