Saturday, November 14, 2009

Peyton ran away!!!

This morning my Mom took Luke, Peyton and Me out to breakfast and then we went to Kohls to shop their sales. (I was hoping to buy a new pair of pants but for some reason all the pants there shrunk so they are not true to size. Normally I am a size 10 but their pants claimed I was a 12 or bigger...so obviously they screwed up their sizing and it has nothing to do with me and not working out lately or drinking more dr.pepper)
As my Mom was looking for a pair of pants Peyton ran down the aisle. I yelled at her to stop but she kept going. So I told Luke not to move and I was just going to run and get her. By the time I got to the main aisle she was gone. I started screaming her name "Peyton" and everyone asked me what he looked like. Yes, they all thought Peyton was a boy but I said "She is wearing a pink shirt and brown pants".
After a couple of minutes I still couldn't find her so Kohl's announced over the loudspeaker a code "Yellow". They secured the doors and employees were trying to find Peyton too. I was amazed at how many nice people there were that stopped and helped me try to find my runaway Daughter.
I knew she was kidnapped but I couldn't find her. After about 10 minutes, and 3 or 4 trips around the store, they found Peyton by the pillows/toy section. She was a little scared. I picked her up and hugged her and she kissed me. Then as we walked back to the front she said 'Down' and tried to walk next to me. I said "No down for you. Never again".
Both my Mom and I were crying as we left the store. My silly run away daughter who doesn't like to answer me when she is in a store.

1 comment:

Jen and Dave said...

Maybe you can eat your dr. pepper too. Here's a link to recipe that made me think of you...

http://makeitandloveit.blogspot.com/2009/03/youll-fall-in-love.html

Man, I hate it when clothes aren't the right size! : )

secret verification word: codersed