On Tuesday I started my first night as a receptionist in the San Diego temple. It is a once a month assignment and is from 5-10pm. When I arrived I was so happy to be working back at the temple. When Jake and I were first married we worked as ordinance workers for almost 4 years. As I changed into my temple clothes I put on my temple shoes, and not my slippers, that I carried around for over 4 years now in my bag. I quickly ran up the emergency stairs and the smell was so familiar. (The workers go up the emergency stairs rather then up and down the main stairs) It felt like I was coming home. I love the feeling of being in the temple.I was not given a name tag so everyone thought I was just an over friendly patron but it was amazing. I love being in the temple and helping people. I feel that my main assignment is to make people feel as welcome as possible in the house of the Lord.
Now I am just sitting back and waiting for the blessings to come...........
2 comments:
Congrats on getting to work in the temple again! Those were some of my favorite times also! It was neat that we got to experience working in the temple. Most people do that for the first time when all their kids are grown or are old. I can't wait to be really old and work there again!
Serving in the temple really is such a treat! We loved spending our Saturday nights with you guys..back in the day. Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday nights there. We miss it!
Post a Comment