Now that I am 30 I have thought about some of the things I have learned over the years....my "Lessons Learned"! These are in no particular order but I hope they will help you not to make the same silly mistakes that I have.......
1. Say No to Leather Pants! Buying a pair of leather pants is never a good idea. You will not wear them. They will sit in your closet and collect dust. You may wear them for the first time and realize that they are not comfortable and everyone is staring at you because you are wearing leather pants in public. They will sit in your closet for years hoping you will find a use for them until one day you finally get rid of them.
2. Buy your size! Never buy a smaller size and hope that you will "fit into them" once you start working out or giving up something to lose weight. Just buy your size and then when they get too big then go buy a smaller size. If you do buy the smaller size then it will just sit in your closet and remind you that you are too fat to wear that awesome piece of clothing.
3. Eating free food! Just because you go to a church function, or any type of party, and there is free food does not mean that you need to eat it. Sometimes the food is delicious and it is a win/win for your mouth and tummy but sometimes the food is bad and it is a lose/lose for your mouth and tummy. Trust me....if it doesn't look right then don't eat it. This especially applies to your ward's chili cook off. I don't even go because the majority of the chili is very suspicious to me!
4. Speeding. Don't speed. Cops are everywhere and they are targeting women in mini-vans because they are hoping we might be a "desperate housewife"....if you know what I mean. I am going to start carrying around a can of cool, delicious Dr.Pepper and offer it to the next cop that pulls me over.
5.Wearing Real Clothes. Since I have a newborn I spend most of my time in lounge clothes. This is mainly because my real clothes don't fit right now. I have discovered if you go places in public in lounge clothes you don't get asked to do things or donate money for a particular cause. I think this is because the people feel bad for you and figure you possibly can't do one more thing because you couldn't even dress yourself to go out in public. I'm hoping one of the charities will start handing me money that they are collecting from all the people passing by.
6. Popcorn Combo at Target. This is a tough one because getting the popcorn combo from Target is delicious and a great way to distract your kids while shopping. The problem is that I start eating the popcorn when my kids are done. Once you take that first bite of Target's delicious buttery popcorn.....YOU CAN'T STOP!!! Plus we always spill the soda when we are at Target. I know the workers hate me! So just be careful....
7. I'm the creepy has been! Since I work with the Young Women I get to share stories about me in high school and college all the time. I get to share how I was voted "best looking in spandex" on my volleyball team, how I was High School Royalty and why NCMO is always a bad thing to do. As I share some of my stories I realize that I am not a college kid that the young women look up to but a 30 year old has been sharing stories that might disgust them. For example, we were all talking about Twilight and I said "Oh, I think Jacob is so much hotter then Edward". Here is the problem....I am almost 10 years older then Jacob and Edward. SO CREEPY!!! I feel like I could go back to BYU and fit in but now I am at the age when college kids call me "Ma'm".
8. Fiber Bars. Companies have been making fiber bars extra delicious now. They can taste like a candy bar. The problem is if you eat too much then that much fiber can do something to your body....You have been warned!!!
This is all I have right now. I will post some more lessons learned soon.
6 comments:
Love it, all so true!
Love your list! Maybe add to it not to shop at Forever 21. I was thinking, "Okay, I'm fatter than I should be, but not totally obese." Let's just say that when I can fit in NO clothes at Forever 21, I don't have a very high self esteem that day! They should call it, "Only come in here if you are a size 0-4"
Amen Cousin. I couldn't even fit into Forever 21 when I was in high school and was in great shape.
ahh laura you just made my night. Love you list and I am in complete agreement with you, and with Sheri Forever 21 is defiantly not good for the ego.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA LAURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh goodness, I have a tummy ache from laughing at this post. You are so freaking hilarious. One of my favorite posts of all time.
Post a Comment