Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Luke's Soccer Update

Today we went and bought Luke shin guards, cleats and soccer socks because he starts playing soccer tomorrow at the ymca.  Luke was so excited and came home and asked me to kick the ball around.  So we went out back with his new pink ball (well, it is a pink/green glow in the dark ball) and started kicking around.  Jake came home from the temple and pointed out a few obvious things.  For example, shin guards go under the socks, and reminded him how to kick the ball.  I never played soccer because my parents kept pushing me to play softball.  I discovered I was horrible at softball.  I am pretty sure they were pushing me to be a lesbian.  Luckily it didn't work!!!

I was too busy in high school playing other sports, and activities, like volleyball, basketball, high jump and how to be high school royalty.  It is hard to be an all around awesome sports player and royalty.  I had to learn it was not appropriate to wear a tiara to class everyday but it was ok to wave at all the "other students" as they headed to their own classes.  Also, I learned it was not okay to wear a formal dress every day just because I'm worth it!

Anyways...back to Luke and soccer.  He is so excited.  In a few weeks we will sign Peyton up for ballet.  She is super excited!!

1 comment:

WARNERS said...

I'm so glad you updated your blog! I miss you!