Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Summer with Family

This summer was amazing. Jake was studying for the CA bar and was never home. So Staci and her family came down to visit and then I took my kids and went back to Oregon with her. It was so much fun to staying with my sister for a month. Staci is awesome plus they have a delicious Sonic right up the street. (While I was updating this blog I realized I posted all the pictures but I didn't do it in the right order.)
My Grandpa Larson died in August. He was a great man and left a great legacy behind. Here is a picture of all my cousins that came to the funeral. It was so much fun to see all of them.
My cousin Christina and I both went shopping at DownEast Outfitters. The good thing for her is that she is a size small but I am an XL. So I'm modeling the plus size dress. I have never been anywhere that someone wore the same exact dress but we do have a large family!
When we were in OR we did swim lessons. Luke did very well. He had a lot of fun and progressed quite nicely. I think he is going to take after his daddy and be on the swim team.
Peyton was a nightmare in her swim lessons. The first day she screamed so loud that the water was cold that they put her in private lessons to help ease her into swim lessons. The instructor let her put on a life jacket and she was super happy. The second week we put her back into group lessons and she screamed. She does not like cold water and when you are in group lessons you wait your turn to swim so it is colder. Plus people in OR don't believe in warming their water up. The hot tub really spoils us.
This is one of my favorite pictures of Luke and Peyton hugging at the beach. They are such great friends to each other! I love that they play together and enjoy being around each other.
We are at the zoo again but this time they want to take a picture with the bear!

Lincoln doesn't really have a lot of hair but he sat in the "special seat" when Peyton was getting her haircut. He is such a cute baby!
Peyton is getting her haircut! She loves it. She is starting to turn into a girlie girl.
This is me waterskiing. We went to Lake Mead and left Lincoln and Peyton behind with Grandma Beers. Peyton was supposed to go with us but she would rather be with Grandma Beers. They have a special bond!!!
Me on the tub. We spent so much time on the tub. It was so much fun!!!! We did tricks and everything.
Luke and my niece Megan are fishing with Dr.Pepper cans. It was ingenious. I am surprised that they didn't catch any fish.
Luke with his special hat he picked out for the trip.
Megan, Max, Morgan, Luke and Peyton posing for a picture while at the zoo. We spent a few trips at the zoo together. The great thing is that there is a McDonalds nearby.

Again a cousin shot by the polar bears. Peyton refused to wear her yellow numbered shirt.
Me and Luke at the Mormon Battallion Center. The kids loved playing in the water and looking for gold.

1 comment:

WARNERS said...

1. I'm super impressed with your fancy water skiing.
2. Your kids are growing up way too fast but they are so darn cute!
3. You look fantastic!