When Jake and I were first married we both volunteered in the San Diego Temple as ordinance workers. We worked for almost 4 years and then I had Luke and had to stop. Since then Jake has been an ordinance worker on and off and worked for almost 2 years during law school. (We needed blessings) So when I lived with my Mom I decided to start being as receptionist at the temple with my friend Alyssa. It was a lot of fun and once a month I got to see Alyssa and Jake in the temple. Then we would hang out afterwards. Once we moved Jake stopped working in the temple. My mom offered to keep babysitting my kids till Jake gets home from work once a month.
When we moved I lost my motivation to work in the temple as a receptionist. I discovered I would rather be at home with Jake then go work at the temple once a month as a receptionist. Now Jake is in the young men's program so he will be gone every Wed night. So when my Mom couldn't watch my kids this week for my scheduled time to work at the temple I decided to stop working.
So I just feel that I am a bad Mormon. I am so impressed at the people that volunteer at the temple without their spouse. I also find working as a receptionist is so boring. When I work at the temple I try to seek out people to talk to me because I can only read scriptures for so long.
So bad Mormon for stopping as a receptionist at the temple? Or am I a great Mormon because I at least go to the temple as a patron.
2 comments:
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven. . . . You don't have to be everything all at once.
good Mormon and great example
Post a Comment