On Friday I had to get a root canal and my sister Staci was nice enough to watch Lincoln while I was going through torture. First, I rewarded myself to a refreshing beverage because I needed to relax. I hate the dentist so a specialist dentist must be horrific. When I first showed up to the office the office staff was nice and chatted with me. That was their first trick, They wanted me to feel comfortable. Next, they told me my copay was only $147. This was great because I was expecting it to be a lot more. So then I let my guard down and chatted with them. I even reached for a magazine to sit back and relax. That is when the horror started. I sat down in the recycling chair and took a x ray and then the dentist came to talk to me. He was nice and joked with me. A few minutes later he pulled out a few huge needles and started stabbing my mouth and gums. I lost count of all the stabbing.
At this point my mouth was numb and I put my Pandora music on and closed my eyes. The time went by fast and the root canal was over. I was able to drive home and took over my parental responsibilities from my Sister Staci. An hour later I took a nap with Lincoln and woke up to my mouth not being as numb.
My root canal wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There are worse things such as:
1) Running out of Dr.Pepper on SUNDAY
2) Finding a Café Rio and then realized it has been closed for the day.
3) Going to the gym and then lose realizing your cellphone is dead so you can't listen to music
4) Discovering your socks don't match
5) Discovering you are wearing 2 different sandals.
Here are just a few things I thought of.
No comments:
Post a Comment