Thursday, November 1, 2012

Homework.....A form of torture?

Luke is in 2nd grade at a great elementary school and he has about 30 to 45 minutes of homework a night and then 20 minutes of reading.  I assume that this is about the same amount of homework for all 2nd graders.  (Well, except for places in Russia because well....its Russia)

Luke feels that homework is a form of torture that I have given him to make sure he does not have any fun in this life.  Luke will be happy and act like a normal child and then I say "Okay, time to do homework" and he turns into this whiny kid that I want to put to bed at 5pm. 

Luke is really good at Math but still whines and complains till he is done.  To read his reading comprehension homework is the ultimate torture and will whine till  I point at each word and make him read it.  Once again tonight Luke freaked out about homework. 

One the other hand when I was in elementary school I loved homework.  I was a super genius in elementary school.  Teachers used to ask me for the answers and to double check that they were correct.  Yes, I was that good.  In fact, my 1st grade teacher tried to move me up to 5th grade but I decided that wasn't the best idea socially.  I also didn't want to make all the other kids feel bad.*









*These comments have not been verified and most likely are just pure lies!

No comments: